Friday 13 February 2009

VALENTINE MESSAGES FROM HISTORY.

NAPOLEON BONAPARTE'S 1796 DISPATCH TO WIFE JOSESPHINE STARTS OUT MORE AS HATE MAIL THAN A LOVE LETTER.....but grows tender...



Dear Josephine,

I do not love thee any more;on the contrary,i detest thee.Thou art horrid,very awkward,very stupid,a very cinderella.Though dost not love thy husband,though knowest the pleasure that thy letters afford him and dost not write him six lines of even haphazard scribble.

What matter of such impotance is it that takes up your time from writing to your very good lover?

Write me quickly four pages and say those amiable things which fill my heart with sentiment and pleasure.I hope before long to press you in my arms and shall shower on you a million burning kisses as under the equator.

Yours

Napoleon

Source:The Sun newspaper,12/02/09.

See the others below...

No comments: